Degree Awarding Fellowship Programmes
Peace & Security Fellowships for African Scholars
The Peace, Security and Development Fellowships for African Scholars seeks to nurture junior African Scholars interested in pursuing a career in peace and security and to equip them with the skills necessary to achieve this. This training will conclude with attachments of Fellows to Universities in Africa working on development, peace and security issues where Fellows will participate in research and teaching. The programme will contribute to building academic expertise on peace and security that is grounded in the pursuit of excellence and integrity.
Non-degree awarding programmes
Peace & Security Fellowships for African Women
The Peace and Security Fellowships for African Women bring together African women at the early stages of their career to undertake a carefully designed training programme in Leadership, Development and Security at the African Leadership Centre (ALC), King’s College London.
Peace and Security Fellowship for African Women
- Programme Delivery
- Terms of the Fellowship
- Application Instructions
- Other Fellowships
- Candidates must be female citizens of African countries.
- Successful candidates must hold valid travel documents prior to acceptance.
- Candidates must have knowledge of, or experience of women’s rights, gender and development issues.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate a commitment to contribute to work on peace and security in Africa.
- Candidates must demonstrate commitment to the core values of the programme: Independent thinking; Integrity; Pursuit of Excellence; and respect for all forms of Diversity
- Candidates must have a relevant institutional base and be endorsed by an organisation with which they have been involved for at least two years. Exceptional candidates without such organisational ties may be given special consideration.
- Candidates must have a demonstrable plan for how to utilise knowledge gained in the Fellowship upon return to their countries and/ or organisations.
- Candidates must hold a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree with an equivalent level of professional experience.
- Candidates must be fluent in spoken and written English.
African Leardership Center Online Applications System requires cookies to be enabled. Cookies are used to store and maintain session data for applicants, they are set to expire in 10 days.